From: Ben on
Playing around an entry table I realized that I can Paste-Link a value from
a custom, calculated field, into a non-custom field, such as duration, and
that the updates propagate reasonably quickly, without needing to save the
file. That seems to circumvent the 'no calculations in non-custom fields'
dogma. Has anybody used this to do calculations for non-custom fields? How
reliable can this be?
From: Trevor Rabey on
No. You still can't get a formula into the built-in field, but your way does
it by the back door.
Some fields are calculated by MSP only, not user input, so you can't do it
with them.
Try it with 1000 durations calculated in the Duration1 field and paste
linked to the Duration field.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955