From: jelbuilder on
Does anyone know why when I successfully install and activate Fireworks CS3,
the registration screen appears and gives me the following message:

Registration - Connection Failure
We were unable to connect to Adobe to Register your product.

To proceed with Registration please check the following:
Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
Make sure JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings.
Click the Register Now button.

I make sure JavaScript is enabled and the internet is obviously connected, but
then I can't get out of this screen even by clicking 'Register Now', 'Register
Later', or 'Never Register'. I just stay stuck there forever. I think it has
something to do with the FNPLicensingService.exe that comes up in Task Manager,
but I'm not sure what. Otherwise, I can see that Fireworks has successfully
loaded up and is ready to go, BUT THEN THE NAG REGISTRATION SCREEN APPEARS and
it gets stuck there!!!

Adobe has been useless in getting back to me with any answers. Can anyone
help? Thanks.

From: SKB on
jelbuilder wrote:
> Does anyone know why when I successfully install and activate Fireworks CS3,
> the registration screen appears and gives me the following message:
>
> Registration - Connection Failure
> We were unable to connect to Adobe to Register your product.
>
> To proceed with Registration please check the following:
> Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
> Make sure JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings.
> Click the Register Now button.
>
> I make sure JavaScript is enabled and the internet is obviously connected, but
> then I can't get out of this screen even by clicking 'Register Now', 'Register
> Later', or 'Never Register'. I just stay stuck there forever. I think it has
> something to do with the FNPLicensingService.exe that comes up in Task Manager,
> but I'm not sure what. Otherwise, I can see that Fireworks has successfully
> loaded up and is ready to go, BUT THEN THE NAG REGISTRATION SCREEN APPEARS and
> it gets stuck there!!!
>
> Adobe has been useless in getting back to me with any answers. Can anyone
> help? Thanks.

Firewall maybe?

SKB
From: rglover1168 on
On Jun 4, 6:14 pm, "jelbuilder" <webforumsu...(a)macromedia.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why when I successfully install and activate Fireworks CS3,
> the registration screen appears and gives me the following message:
>
> Registration - Connection Failure
> We were unable to connect to Adobe to Register your product.
Did you ever find the answer to this question? I am having the same
problem.