From: Shiva MahaDeva on
Trying RSH to another Solaris host I get this:

%RSH-E-SERVNOTAVAIL, Remote service is not currently available

How enable RSH ??? Looking inetd.conf I can see rsh lines not commented !

Thanks in advance...
From: Dave Uhring on
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:04:02 -0800, Shiva MahaDeva wrote:

> Trying RSH to another Solaris host I get this:
>
> %RSH-E-SERVNOTAVAIL, Remote service is not currently available
>

> How enable RSH ??? Looking inetd.conf I can see rsh lines not commented !

Did you populate ~/.rhosts?

From: Robert Lawhead on
Dave Uhring wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:04:02 -0800, Shiva MahaDeva wrote:
>

>>Trying RSH to another Solaris host I get this:
>>
>>%RSH-E-SERVNOTAVAIL, Remote service is not currently available
>>

>>How enable RSH ??? Looking inetd.conf I can see rsh lines not commented !
>

> Did you populate ~/.rhosts?

ssh would be better, but ...

# inetadm | grep -i rlogin
disabled disabled svc:/network/login:rlogin
# inetadm -e rlogin
# inetadm | grep -i rlogin
enabled online svc:/network/login:rlogin

- Bob
From: Dave Uhring on
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:14:49 -0800, Robert Lawhead wrote:

> ssh would be better, but ...

Agreed.

> # inetadm | grep -i rlogin
> disabled disabled svc:/network/login:rlogin
> # inetadm -e rlogin
> # inetadm | grep -i rlogin
> enabled online svc:/network/login:rlogin

The OP is not using Solaris 10.

From: Rich Teer on
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Shiva MahaDeva wrote:

> Trying RSH to another Solaris host I get this:
>
> %RSH-E-SERVNOTAVAIL, Remote service is not currently available
>

> How enable RSH ??? Looking inetd.conf I can see rsh lines not commented !

Get the hint and use ssh! ;-)

--
Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

President,