From: Richard Webb on
On Sun 2037-Dec-20 09:19, Denny Strauser writes:
> Automatic Level Control sounds like bad compression. One thing I
> hate about camera audio recordings. Another thing I hate is poor
> frequency response.

I figured that's what it was without even having a listen.

I had some good ones, both the WArner Bros. sound effects
library, formerly on lp, iirc a 4 cd set. I also had
another, friend who owed me for some work gave me his when
he went out of the studio business, can't remember author or producer, because, to be honest I think he booted it from
somewhere, but some very excellent nature sounds, including
all sorts of thunderstorm and rain sounds.

WIsh I would have had that sound fx collection years ago. I was working on this piece wehre I wanted some wolf/dog
howls, and all I had was the Warner collection then, 8 track 1" was the format I was using.

sO, since the Warner Bros didn't have a good one, I found
out that if I played their "kennel" that my
DOberman/shepherd/dane mix would howl, just what I was
looking for. SO, I put a pair of headphones on the dog and
set up that Kennel sound effect to play for a couple minutes so I could get all the howls I wanted <g>.

THe client loved it!!!

Regards,
Richard
From: Denny Strauser on
Richard Webb wrote:
> <snipped>
> Wish I would have had that sound fx collection years ago. I was working on this piece where I wanted some wolf/dog
> howls, and all I had was the Warner collection then, 8 track 1" was the format I was using.
> <snipped>

I have a sound FX CD. The "crying baby" gets my cat all worked up; it
sounds like a cat in distress. I've mentioned a few times that I've
taken my cat to shows. I took her to an indie horror movie premier, &
the screaming girls got her worked up.

BTW, I've tried to record thunder myself. It's very difficult to get a
good, realistin sounding recording.

-Denny