From: 0_Qed on
jojo wrote:

> The PC has been working for ages. I wake up this morning and nada.
> I've taken the PC apart and reassembled and still the same.
>
> The beep error code is 1 long followed by one short.
>
> The BIOS error codes are all over the place
> 02
> 83
> 9f
> 8c

1 long, 1 short is usually a 'DRAM' error of some sort ... Award/Phoenix

Find some CAIG cleaner, or
the old "tuner" cleaner ... Rat Shack ??? ...
remmove the sticks, clean contacts, re_seat .

Lighter fluid has 'additives' ... not good.
Auto starter fluid (ether) in a pinch.
WD40 ... nfw.

Often, just a remove/reseat will do it.

Long term, find the CAIG.

Qed.
From: jojo on
I just cleaned my RAM and tried with three separate sticks. Two that
were in my current PC and one that came from a working PC. Still no
luck. I put the third stick in the original working PC and it is
working so I'm sure at least one stick of the three is functional.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep trying.

jojo

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:56:29 -0400, 0_Qed <nano.bot(a)shaysnet.com>
wrote:

>jojo wrote:
>>
>> The PC has been working for ages. I wake up this morning and nada.
>> I've taken the PC apart and reassembled and still the same.
>>
>> The beep error code is 1 long followed by one short.
>>
>> The BIOS error codes are all over the place
>> 02
>> 83
>> 9f
>> 8c
>
>1 long, 1 short is usually a 'DRAM' error of some sort ... Award/Phoenix
>
>Find some CAIG cleaner, or
>the old "tuner" cleaner ... Rat Shack ??? ...
>remmove the sticks, clean contacts, re_seat .
>
>Lighter fluid has 'additives' ... not good.
>Auto starter fluid (ether) in a pinch.
>WD40 ... nfw.
>
>Often, just a remove/reseat will do it.
>
>Long term, find the CAIG.