From: Boris on
Yesterday I resurected an old i6000 that had been used as a student's
laptop for 5 years. I bought a Dell Original 9-cell battery from Pacific
Battery and paid a local pc shop $140 to fix the intermittantly working
motherboard power receptacle. It was lose.

I'm just curious. For those that have paid to have the power receptacle
soldered back on to the motherboard, what was the cost?

Thanks
From: BillW50 on
Boris wrote on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:24:11 +0000 (UTC):
> Yesterday I resurected an old i6000 that had been used as a student's
> laptop for 5 years. I bought a Dell Original 9-cell battery from Pacific
> Battery and paid a local pc shop $140 to fix the intermittantly working
> motherboard power receptacle. It was lose.
>
> I'm just curious. For those that have paid to have the power receptacle
> soldered back on to the motherboard, what was the cost?
>
> Thanks

Well I do my own repairs, but I keep an eye open to the cost of these
things. And the least expensive I have ever seen is about 100 bucks. And
$140 doesn't sound too out of line to me. Especially if the job was
first rate. Pulling the motherboard is the hardest job. As the whole
lower shell and devices has to be removed to get it out.

Some laptops can accept a docking station. And I have cheated from time
to time and don't bother and pick up a docking station for 30 bucks or
so. Which has its own power input plus other stuff.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I'm just curious.  For those that have paid to have the power
> receptacle soldered back on to the motherboard, what was the
> cost?

The cost sounds reasonable to me. It isn't particularly easy or fun to
get at the power connector on most laptops. Nearly complete
disassembly is required, and the first time around, it can be a lot of
work.

William
From: mandysharie on

Its all different depending on who you choose to do it. From what i have
researched its anywhere from around 100-200 bucks.