From: srpd on
I'm creating a file in ppt 2007 which will be opened by ppt 2003 users. I can
save the file in that format, but how can I make it read-only? Mark as Final
only works in 2007.
From: SueW on
You could save it as a PDF.

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Save as a .pps file and use the Tools dropdown in the Save As dialog >
General > Password to Modify
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <D1BF03DE-E2B0-4B12-9B38-5FC6722FF87C(a)microsoft.com>, Srpd wrote:
> I'm creating a file in ppt 2007 which will be opened by ppt 2003 users. I can
> save the file in that format, but how can I make it read-only? Mark as Final
> only works in 2007.

What Sue and John said. But to add a bit: understand that Mark as Final is
like putting a sticky-note on the report saying "Final. Please don't modify."

There's nothing to prevent the next person from removing the sticky and editing
away. Same with Mark as Final. They can clear that and edit. It's a hint to
the next user, not a way of protecting the document.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/