From: Adolf on
I thought you needed PowerPoint Presentation Reader (or equivalent)
software. I can read PPS files but I can't seem to find the reader
software on my computer. I have PowerPoint Presentation itself in
Office 2003 - is it hidden somethere there, or what? Thanks.
From: Clocky on

"Adolf" <hitler739(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I thought you needed PowerPoint Presentation Reader (or equivalent)
> software. I can read PPS files but I can't seem to find the reader
> software on my computer. I have PowerPoint Presentation itself in
> Office 2003 - is it hidden somethere there, or what? Thanks.

I downloaded the Powerpoint viewer from MS. Works fine with the exception
that I have to start the viewer and then open the .pps file because it
hasn't associated the filetype properly. Since I hardly use it I haven't
bothered to fix that little issue.

StarOffice can open PowerPoint presentations too but I find it's interface
somewhat clunky.

From: Rob on
On 2/03/2010 12:36 PM, Adolf wrote:
> I thought you needed PowerPoint Presentation Reader (or equivalent)
> software. I can read PPS files but I can't seem to find the reader
> software on my computer. I have PowerPoint Presentation itself in
> Office 2003 - is it hidden somethere there, or what? Thanks.

You still have to point the file at Power Point so it knows what to use.

It will depend if the file has been sent as a show or presentation file
as to how it opens.
From: Adolf on

From: Adolf on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:36:02 +1100, Adolf <hitler739(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I thought you needed PowerPoint Presentation Reader (or equivalent)
>software. I can read PPS files but I can't seem to find the reader
>software on my computer. I have PowerPoint Presentation itself in
>Office 2003 - is it hidden somethere there, or what? Thanks.

I'm assuming then that you don't need PowerPoint Presentation Reader
(to just read .pps files) separately as long as you have PowerPoint
Presentation itself.