From: Steve M Steve on
Recently I have to hit the send/receive on the tool bar to see my messages.
They used to just pop up on my received mail. How can I fix this so I don't
have to keep hitting the sendreceive?
Thanks,
Steve
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Steve M" <Steve M(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Recently I have to hit the send/receive on the tool bar to see my messages.
> They used to just pop up on my received mail. How can I fix this so I don't
> have to keep hitting the sendreceive?

Check the send/receive settings. While viewing Inbox, press Alt+Ctrl+S and
make sure "Schedule an automatic send/receive every" is checked and that the
"minutes" drop-down contains a value of about 10.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
Steve M wrote:

> Recently I have to hit the send/receive on the tool bar to see my messages.
> They used to just pop up on my received mail. How can I fix this so I don't
> have to keep hitting the sendreceive?

And might you be using POP or IMAP or HTTP/Deltasync (via the Outlook
Connector add-on) to retrieve e-mails? Or might you be using Exchange? You
never mentioned what TYPE of e-mail account(s) you use, but then you didn't
even mention the VERSION of Outlook that you use.