From: pba_pl on
Hi,
I wonder why my PowerPoint 2007 doesn't have the 'record macro' option
available.
It is not possible to unfold the “macros” button from View section, and
there is not “record macro” button. What should I do?

Office Powerpoint 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000),
Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0.6002

Regards,
Pawel

From: Mark on
On Jan 15, 9:06 am, pba_pl <pb...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wonder why my PowerPoint 2007 doesn’t have the ‘record macro’ option
> available.
> It is not possible to unfold the “macros” button from View section, and
> there is not “record macro” button. What should I do?
>
> Office Powerpoint 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000),
> Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0.6002
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

You would have to record a macro in version 2003, and bring it into
2007. Or hand-write the macro yourself.
From: David Marcovitz on
On 1/15/10 9:06 AM, in article
759B7212-E906-4035-92A9-DD80962BC4D3(a)microsoft.com, "pba_pl"
<pbapl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder why my PowerPoint 2007 doesn�t have the �record macro� option
> available.
> It is not possible to unfold the �macros� button from View section, and
> there is not �record macro� button. What should I do?
>
> Office Powerpoint 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000),
> Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0.6002
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

Unfortunately, the Record Macro feature has been falling further and further
behind. Many of the new features in 2002 weren't recorded. In 2007, too much
had changed and with no advancement in Record Macro, it was getting less and
less useful. You can always argue that MS should have kept the Record Macro
feature up-to-date, but they didn't so it made sense to eliminate it. As
Mark said, you can use Record macro in an earlier version and try to play
with what it generates, but if the thing you are recording uses animations,
templates, Smart Art or many other features that have changed, you won't get
much out of it.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

From: silas on

"David Marcovitz" <marconospam(a)loyola.edu> wrote in message
> On 1/15/10 9:06 AM, in article
> 759B7212-E906-4035-92A9-DD80962BC4D3(a)microsoft.com, "pba_pl"
> <pbapl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I wonder why my PowerPoint 2007 doesn�t have the Orecord macro� option
>> available.
>> It is not possible to unfold the �macros� button from View section, and
>> there is not �record macro� button. What should I do?
>>
>> Office Powerpoint 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000),
>> Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0.6002
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pawel
>>

> Unfortunately, the Record Macro feature has been falling further and
> further
> behind. Many of the new features in 2002 weren't recorded. In 2007, too
> much
> had changed and with no advancement in Record Macro, it was getting less
> and
> less useful. You can always argue that MS should have kept the Record
> Macro
> feature up-to-date, but they didn't so it made sense to eliminate it. As
> Mark said, you can use Record macro in an earlier version and try to play
> with what it generates, but if the thing you are recording uses
> animations,
> templates, Smart Art or many other features that have changed, you won't
> get
> much out of it.
>
> --David
>
> --
> David M. Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

Man, this is so frustrating. I have used Record Macro for years to save so
many repetitive actions. Why would Microsoft just dump one of the most
useful tools they've ever developed? They're telling ordinary folks we must
go out and learn VBA coding to continue using this valuable feature.

That's insane. Such a callous disregard for those of us who spend
hard-earned dollars for their products.

silas

From: Mark on
On Jan 15, 5:55 pm, "silas" <silas.NOSPAMprop...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "David Marcovitz" <marconos...(a)loyola.edu> wrote in message

> > On 1/15/10 9:06 AM, in article
> > 759B7212-E906-4035-92A9-DD80962BC...(a)microsoft.com, "pba_pl"
> > <pb...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi,
> >> I wonder why my PowerPoint 2007 doesn¹t have the Orecord macro¹ option
> >> available.
> >> It is not possible to unfold the ³macros² button from View section, and
> >> there is not ³record macro² button. What should I do?
>
> >> Office Powerpoint 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000),
> >> Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0.6002
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Pawel
>
> > Unfortunately, the Record Macro feature has been falling further and
> > further
> > behind. Many of the new features in 2002 weren't recorded. In 2007, too
> > much
> > had changed and with no advancement in Record Macro, it was getting less
> > and
> > less useful. You can always argue that MS should have kept the Record
> > Macro
> > feature up-to-date, but they didn't so it made sense to eliminate it. As
> > Mark said, you can use Record macro in an earlier version and try to play
> > with what it generates, but if the thing you are recording uses
> > animations,
> > templates, Smart Art or many other features that have changed, you won't
> > get
> > much out of it.
>
> > --David
>
> > --
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> >http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
>
> Man, this is so frustrating. I have used Record Macro for years to save so
> many repetitive actions. Why would Microsoft just dump one of the most
> useful tools they've ever developed? They're telling ordinary folks we must
> go out and learn VBA coding to continue using this valuable feature.
>
> That's insane. Such a callous disregard for those of us who spend
> hard-earned dollars for their products.
>
> silas- Hide quoted text -

Be glad you're not on a Mac. VBA was removed entirely on the Mac side
a few versions ago (however, it's slated to return in a future version
I hear).