From: Jeffrey Marks on
I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database.

On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they
could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the
bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were
entered -- by record number).

Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07?

Thanks

Jeff
From: Marshall Barton on
Jeffrey Marks wrote:

>I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database.
>
>On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they
>could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the
>bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were
>entered -- by record number).
>
>Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07?

Records in a table are not in any order and it's no surprise
that they are displayed in a seemingly mixed up way. The
order of the records in a form is specified in the form's
record source query. If you do not specify the query's
record sorting (or use the table as the record source), the
records can easily be displayed in a semi random way.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]