From: Ken on
When I run Windows Search, it will almost always terminate with a
Runtime Error! Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

When I close that box, my desktop goes away (icons, task bar), although
I can continue with whatever windows are open until I am finished, then
I need to reboot.

Does anyone know what may be causing this error?

Thanks
Ken K
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Ken wrote:
> When I run Windows Search, it will almost always terminate with a
> Runtime Error! Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>
> Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>

> When I close that box, my desktop goes away (icons, task bar), although
> I can continue with whatever windows are open until I am finished, then
> I need to reboot.
>
> Does anyone know what may be causing this error?

Is WinXP P3 installed?

Is Windows (Desktop) Search installed?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

From: Randem on
Make sure your C++ runtime files have been updated to the latest SP.

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
Free Utilities and Code - http://www.randem.com/freesoftutil.html

From: Randem on
Unless you do the CUSTOM update you are only getting security updates which
do not update your software on security holes within the OS.

From: Zan A. Doo on
Huh? That makes no sense. Explain yourself.
"Randem" <newsgroups(a)randem.com> wrote in message
: Unless you do the CUSTOM update you are only getting security updates
which
: do not update your software on security holes within the OS.
:
::
: