From: Boris on
I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to restore,
but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original locations,
all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original location no
longer exists.

Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a location
other than it's original location?

Thanks.
From: SC Tom on

"Boris" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to
> restore,
> but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original locations,
> all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original location no
> longer exists.
>
> Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a location
> other than it's original location?
>
> Thanks.

If you open Recycle Bin in Explorer, you can drag the files to any folder
you want.
--
SC Tom

From: Boris on
"SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in

> "Boris" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to
>> restore,
>> but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original
>> locations, all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original
>> location no longer exists.
>>
>> Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a
>> location other than it's original location?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> If you open Recycle Bin in Explorer, you can drag the files to any
> folder you want.

Holy cow! I'm embarrassed I didn't try that before asking.

Thanks, Tom.
From: SC Tom on

> "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in
>

>> "Boris" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to
>>> restore,
>>> but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original
>>> locations, all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original
>>> location no longer exists.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a
>>> location other than it's original location?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> If you open Recycle Bin in Explorer, you can drag the files to any
>> folder you want.
>
> Holy cow! I'm embarrassed I didn't try that before asking.
>
> Thanks, Tom.

Not a problem. You're welcome! :-)
--
SC Tom

From: bj on
"Boris" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in
>
>> "Boris" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to
>>> restore,
>>> but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original
>>> locations, all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original
>>> location no longer exists.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a
>>> location other than it's original location?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> If you open Recycle Bin in Explorer, you can drag the files to any
>> folder you want.
>
> Holy cow! I'm embarrassed I didn't try that before asking.
>
> Thanks, Tom.

Thanks from me too -- I'd never have thought of that & I don't even need to
"restore" files that often -- but when I do I'd like the option of "restore
to where?". It hadn't even occurred to me that there might even be a way!
(maybe I'm too brainwashed by MS overlords telling me how I *should* want to
do everything & often there is no other way....or it's harder than "their"
way....)
bj