From: dwhagerman on
We are having a weird issue with redirected printers. When the user logs on,
the printer is brought over fine, but when they try and print, the job just
sits there in queue. These errors are being logged
ID 6161
The document Test Page owned by administrator failed to print on printer
Dell Inkjet Printer J740 (from VILLAGE_EAST) in session 2. Data type: LEMF.
Size of the spool file in bytes: 1061726. Number of bytes printed: 1061726.
Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client
machine: \\TS1. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 109. The
pipe has been ended.
ID1109
The Dell Inkjet Printer J740 (from VILLAGE_EAST) in session 2 printer could
not be set as the default printer.
Is this a driver issue?

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Aaah, another Dell printer :-(
Yes, this is a driver issue. The Dell drivers are simply not TS
compatible. You could try to map the printer to a native windows
printer, but from what others have reported here, chances are that
it's not going to work.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?ZHdoYWdlcm1hbg==?= <dwhagerman(a)news.postalias> wrote on
27 sep 2006 in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

From: dwhagerman on
Thanks for the quick reply. Not my choice of printers, but this what they
already had. Looks like they may be purchasing different printers!

From: Rahisuddin Shah on
Hi,

yes, this is driver issue.
You can install the same driver on terminal server.
This will work.

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
They *have* already installed the driver on the TS, otherwise the
printer would not have been redirected at all!

And installing the Dell driver on the TS is the cause of many
crashing spoolers and servers, besides that printing will not work.