From: Mr. X. on
Another thing.
Look at menuStrip control.
When putting it on form on design time, there are inner item elements, that
can be shown too (with events ...)
That's kind of behavior, that I want to.

Thanks :)

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 15.04.2010 21:13, schrieb Mr. X.:
> That's kind of behavior, that I want to.

Yes, but it's not what you get.

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
Sorry, but I missed something.

There are some user-control, as just for example : MenuStrip, that has
MenuStripItem, which I can click on MenuStripItem, and change its properties
and events.

I thought that's I can build my own user control, and at the same way change
the inner controls at design time.
Can I do that (at the same way MenuStrip could do that) ?

Thanks :)

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 16.04.2010 10:37, schrieb Mr. X.:
> Sorry, but I missed something.
>
> There are some user-control, as just for example : MenuStrip,

MenuStrip is, as an aside, no usercontrol.

> that has
> MenuStripItem, which I can click on MenuStripItem,

which is a Component but not a control. That means, the difference
between a menustrip and a usercontrol is that the menustripitems
are not contained in the Controls collection of the MenuStrip.

> and change its properties

yep, properties

> and events.

Never noticed that, because, as I said, I never use the events in the properties
window, and the only event of interest with a MenuStripItem is the click event,
and that one is created when I double-click on it.

But that's just me. You are absolutely right. Well, it's the MenuStrip designer
that works that way. The Usercontrol designer doesn't.

> I thought that's I can build my own user control, and at the same way change
> the inner controls at design time.
> Can I do that (at the same way MenuStrip could do that) ?

As I've already carefully tried to express: No, you can't do that. :-)
I guess the reason is that a Usercontrol should encapsulate all it's
functunality in most cases, and there's not sufficient request for
the remaining cases. Ddon't know.

Maybe someone knows how to extend the IDE with such a feature.

Look if it's already been requested. If not, you can do it:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
O.K.
I created a class object, with properties.
Add the class to toolbar.
I didn't check the whole functionality (I created also a b = button, and did
b.parent = parent, but didn't see it on form).
It seems I can control the behavior, and not persist using userControl.

Problem was solved partially.

Anyway, thanks :)