From: p45cal on

no trailing/leading spaces in the sheet name?

;
7
2
3
1
7
9

:

Thank you to all who responded.

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=202394)

Programming - Access Programming' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz)

--

View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=202394

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Dave Peterson on
Rename that sheet to: A
(Just a single letter)

Then check your formula. If the formula adjusted to the new name, then I don't
have a guess.

But my guess is that the formula stayed the same.

Now change your formula to:
='A'!M8

Did that evaluate correctly?

If it did, then change the name of the sending sheet back to what you want.

(I bet you'll find that if you look closely, there was a typo between the
formula and the sheetname.)

========
Another way to build that formula without doing any typing.

Select M8 on the sending sheet
Edit|copy
Then select the cell that should get the formula on the other sheet
Edit|paste special|click on Paste Link

--

Dave Peterson
From: da on
Thanks
I made sure there is no space or spelling mistake. I copied the worksheet
name. Still, same error.

From: da on
Thanks
You were right. There was a trailing space which I deleted and the formlua
worked.
Thank you

From: da on
Thank you. There was a trailing space in the worksheet name and that is why
formula gave an error.
It works now.
Thanks for your suggestion and help.