From: da on
Hi
When I use the following formula, I get #REF error.
How can I fix it?
Thank you

=SUM('Daily Sworn Status'!M8)
From: p45cal on

probably a misspelling of the sheet name

;
7
2
2
6
8
6

:

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=202394

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Gord Dibben on
First of all you don't need the SUM part since you are summing nothing, only
referring to one cell.

Did you mean ='Daily Sworn Status'!M8

But the REF error must come because you don't have a sheet named

Daily Sworn Status

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
And if it's not a typo in the sheet name...

Any chance that you have a #Ref! in M8 of that sheet?

--

Dave Peterson
From: da on
Thank you to all who responded.
Yes, I do have a worksheet that is named "Daily Sworn Status', which is in
the same file.
I also tried to change the formula by taking out Sum, and still I get the
same error#ref. And I also checked the spelling and it is correct (I copied
the name of the worksheet to avoid spelling mistake.)

It is a mystery which took all my yesterday.