From: Snamprogetti on
Is it possible to access the contents of an array element without reading/writing the whole array?
I tried with the "Value" property of elements and it works, but it always affects the element in the last position i clicked. I don't know how to choose which element to access. SelStart[] and SelSize[] seem not to work.
From: becktho on
Hi
You could use the "Replace Array Subset" function located in the array palette.
From: Snamprogetti on
Yes it works! And it's not too ugly if you plan to use the array only for storing data. I always keep visible elements to 1, and even hide the control.
I did some tests and for very large arrays (10000 or so) it's faster than Replace Array Subset (and the like). But it's much slower for small arrays. Also, it doesn't seem to avoid race conditions as i had hoped, but this one has to be tested better.
Thanks
From: Fabio_81 on
The simplest way to read/write a certain position of an array is to use "Array subset" and "Replace array subset" functions . I have attached a simple example containing these LV functions.

I hope this will help you.

Bye

FabioMessage Edited by Fabio_81 on 11-02-2006 03:46 AM

Write_read example.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/213476/1/Write_read example.vi
From: Snamprogetti on
I know :smileyindifferent:
The topic was not about being "simple" but about being efficient