From: MacDermott on
I have an application which references several libraries, besides the
standard built-in references.
On some systems it works fine,
but on one it throws some of the standard symptoms of a broken
reference -
fails on a Date() function, etc.
I can open the References dialog, remove any reference (except of course the
built-in ones),
then (after closing and re-opening the dialog) reset that same
reference,
and the problem goes away.
** It doesn't seem to matter which reference I reset! ***

I have iterated through the References collection, testing each one for
IsBroken, with no result.

This application is to be distributed as an MDE;
it seems likely that there will be other systems where this problem
appears.
Asking the end user to reset a reference is not a viable option for many
reasons.

Any ideas?
TIA!

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
I'd try doing the same thing for any corrupt database. Create a brand new
database and set the references, then import all the objects and compile the
database.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com