From: Marshall Barton on
macrojunkie wrote:

>Thank you for all of the quick responses. I ended up putting the
>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord into the after update of the first
>field on the form. As long as they start to fill out a record, it
>will save it and update that recordset for having that record, so they
>can launch subform buttons tying to that record.

Note that RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord almost always saves a
main form record as desired. However, it might not save the
record on the same form that you intended. This is because
it has no way for you to specify which form has the record
you want to save. In addition to that uncertainty, it often
does not work as hoped in subforms because subform are never
the ActiveForm in Access.

Setting a form object's Dirty property to False is, AKAIK,
the only totally reliable way to force a form to save a
record without having to deal with unreliable results or
inconvenient side effects.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]