From: Anti_Freak_Machine on
AvianFlux wrote:
> I use RegSeeker (free).
>
> http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

I second this. I use this with no problems.

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querrýa un enano y un yate, por favor."
From: NonDisputandum.com on

read more: http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/system_cleaning.html

--
www.nondisputandum.com - soft reviews:
freeware to Protect & Clean your PC
From: Han on
"Michael" <blabla(a)bigpond.net.au> wrote in news:dVRhe.4055$E7.1492(a)news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> Does anyone know of a good stand alone reg scanner ?
>
> Mike

I have been using Registry First Aid from Rose city software (paid) with no
ill effects. Maybe it should be included on nondiputandum's website.

--
Best regards
Han
From: Bill Ridgeway on
I can recommend Registry Mechanic www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

From: Steve R on
Regseeker fans

When I run 'Clean the Registry', the result is a total of 644 entries in
categories:
-Extension not used
-Invalid ActiveX/COM entry (CLSID)
-Open with Entry Unused
-Filetype not used
-File of Path does not exist

Zapping some of the entries would cause no concern at all as they reference
files in \temp directories. Some I'm unsure of (eg those that start with
%systemRoor\System32\).

Can I safely zap the lot or do I need to proceed with caution?

Steve