From: SSK Outlaw on
hello,

recently a new user named cba_anonymous with description "Common Base
Agnet Anonymous User" showed up in my windows workstation. The Agnet is not
a typo, the description exactly says that. I searched goole, msn, symantec
etc., all in vain. The user is connected to the Guest group & has "Execute
Batch Jobs" privilege.

any ideas what program might have added this user and/or what is the user
of this program ?

Thanks,

- SSK

From: Sharky on
In <428fa45d$1(a)mustang.speedfactory.net>, SSK Outlaw wrote:

>hello,
>
> recently a new user named cba_anonymous with description "Common Base
>Agnet Anonymous User" showed up in my windows workstation. The Agnet is not
>a typo, the description exactly says that. I searched goole, msn, symantec
>etc., all in vain. The user is connected to the Guest group & has "Execute
>Batch Jobs" privilege.
>
> any ideas what program might have added this user and/or what is the user
>of this program ?

Is there any programs running under that user in task manager?

I did find this reference on Google...

Startup Name Process Name
Intel File Transfer xfr.exe

Details
Part of Intel's LANDesk Management Suite 6 and the Common Base Agent
(CBA) - used for communicating between the core server and managed
clients
http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-Intel%20File%20Transfer.html

Pages: 1
Prev: Registry scanner ?