From: bav on
What version of Platform SDK will support the value
RelationProcessorPackage?
I want to retrieve processor information, example Core 2 Duo and Xeon 51xx
series.
I don't want to insert CPUID assembler code in the c++ code.

regards
bav

From: Vladimir Scherbina on
I think you mean the GetLogicalProcessorInformation function and
LOGICAL_PROCESSOR_RELATIONSHIP structure. It's supported in the latest PSDK.
(Supported OS's are Windows Vista or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition,
Requires Windows Server "Longhorn" or Windows Server 2003)

--
Vladimir

From: bav on
I know; but the value RelationProcessorPackage is not defined in winnt.h
of both Platform SDK Windows 2003 SP1 2005 edition and Platform SDK
2003 R2 2006 edition.
So question remains; when will we be able to check the value in Visual
Studio.NET ?

regards
bav

From: Pavel A. on
"bav" wrote:
> I know; but the value RelationProcessorPackage is not defined in winnt.h
> of both Platform SDK Windows 2003 SP1 2005 edition and Platform SDK
> 2003 R2 2006 edition.
> So question remains; when will we be able to check the value in Visual
> Studio.NET ?

When you call
GetProcAddress( hKernel32_dll, "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" )
and it returns a valid proc address.

Regards,
--PA

> "Vladimir Scherbina" <vladimir.scherbina(a)on_gmail_com> schreef in bericht
> >I think you mean the GetLogicalProcessorInformation function and
> >LOGICAL_PROCESSOR_RELATIONSHIP structure. It's supported in the latest
> >PSDK. (Supported OS's are Windows Vista or Windows XP Professional x64
> >Edition, Requires Windows Server "Longhorn" or Windows Server 2003)
> >
> > --
> > Vladimir
> > "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire(a)skynet.be> wrote in message
> >> What version of Platform SDK will support the value
> >> RelationProcessorPackage?
> >> I want to retrieve processor information, example Core 2 Duo and Xeon
> >> 51xx series.
> >> I don't want to insert CPUID assembler code in the c++ code.
> >>
> >> regards
> >> bav

Pages: 1
Prev: Detours
Next: Add custom file information class?