From: Merge on
Not sure where to start and the posts I have read I do not fully understand

I created 2 tables (remitt and Billing) and for each table I created a
query--Because I needed to create a commmon expression (1st 10 digits of a
name & a w/e date & Pay code). The names never match 100%

I want to make a final query and bring over the Billing info into the remitt
and create a final query

Can I do this?

From: KARL DEWEY on
Post the SQL of the two queries you have now by opening in design view, click
on VIEW - SQL View, highlight all in the window that opens, copy, and paste
in a post.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:01:01 -0700, Merge <Merge(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Not sure where to start and the posts I have read I do not fully understand
>
>I created 2 tables (remitt and Billing) and for each table I created a
>query--Because I needed to create a commmon expression (1st 10 digits of a
>name & a w/e date & Pay code). The names never match 100%
>
>I want to make a final query and bring over the Billing info into the remitt
>and create a final query
>
>Can I do this?

Only if you can uniquely identify the records in both tables. Why do you feel
that you need to concatenate? What are these names - people's names? If so,
you can't be sure that they're unique OR that they'll be entered consistantly.

Could you post an example of the data and what you're trying to use for
joining?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Merge on
SELECT [IQN Remitt].[Invoice Number], Left([Current Contractor Full Name],10)
& [Date - Week Ending Date] & IIf([Hours - Regular Hours Worked]<>0,"Regular
Hours",IIf([Hours - Overtime Hours Worked]<>0,"Overtime 1","DT")) AS [Name WE
Pay Code], Left([Current Contractor Full Name],10) & [Date - Week Ending
Date] AS [Name WE], [IQN Remitt].[Current Contractor Full Name], [IQN
Remitt].[Hours - Regular Hours Worked], [IQN Remitt].[Hours - Overtime Hours
Worked], [IQN Remitt].[Hours - Double Time Hours Worked], [IQN Remitt].[Rate
- Reimbursement Rate], [IQN Remitt].[Rate - OT Reimbursement Rate], [IQN
Remitt].[Rate - DT Reimbursement Rate], [IQN Remitt].[Expected Reimbursement
Amount], [IQN Remitt].[Supplier Check #], [IQN Remitt].[Date - Week Ending
Date], [IQN Remitt].[Date - Supplier Check Date]
FROM [IQN Remitt];

SELECT Left([Employee],10) & [Week End] & [PayCode] AS [Name WE and Pay
Code], Left([Employee],10) & [Week End] AS [Name and WE],
TRU_Billing.Employee, TRU_Billing.Field2, TRU_Billing.[RMX ID],
TRU_Billing.[SS ID], TRU_Billing.[Client Name], TRU_Billing.[Inv #],
TRU_Billing.Date, TRU_Billing.[Week End], TRU_Billing.PayCode,
TRU_Billing.[Line Desc], TRU_Billing.units, TRU_Billing.Rate,
TRU_Billing.[Line $], TRU_Billing.Discount, TRU_Billing.[Sales Tax],
TRU_Billing.Net
FROM TRU_Billing, [IQN Remitt Query];

From: Merge on
the 3 combination will create a unique record. Do I need to do this
differnetly? I am taking the name and using the 1st 10 digits to make it
match better.