From: forest8 on
Hi there

Yes. Those are some of my tables.

From: forest8 on
In my database, I have several tables. I tried to establish a relationship
between 2 tables first -- each has a primary key. When that failed, I tried
another two -- again each had a primary key.

Still the same result -- no matter which tables I use.

From: Gina Whipp on
forest8,

Ummm, did you not see the rest of the post? You need to help me out here
and identify Primary Keys and Foreign Keys so we can help you. If there are
more tables then we need those also.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:48:02 -0800, forest8 <forest8(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>In my database, I have several tables. I tried to establish a relationship
>between 2 tables first -- each has a primary key. When that failed, I tried
>another two -- again each had a primary key.
>
>Still the same result -- no matter which tables I use.

Details, details please!

Please post:

Table names
Name of the Primary Key field of each table (and it does show the key icon
next to the fieldname in table design view... right?)
Datatype of the Primary Key (maybe autonumber, maybe some other field type
you've chosen)
Name and datatype of the foreign key field

Note that datatypes and field sizes must match: an Autonumber primary key must
be joined to a Long Integer (non-autonumber!!!) foreign key.

If you would like, you could zip the database and email it to me; I'll be glad
to investigate and see if I can figure out why you can't create relationships.
Send to jvinson <at> wysard of info <dot> com - edit out the blanks and edit
in the punctuation.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Gina Whipp on
John,

I have been trying to get them... Even helped out with one of my posts but
to no avail.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)