From: dontmesswithbill on
First let me state passwords ARE being remembered, it's the "checkbox" which
does not stay checked. Happens in Firefox, IE 6, Outlook Connector...
virtually any where on the system there is someplace to retain user login
information.

If I click the username field and tab through the password field, the data
is there, just doesn't remember the checkbox.
From: SPAMCOP User on
Registry permission

--
SPAMCOP User

"dontmesswithbill" <dontmesswithbill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9DE47AC1-5A52-4BD5-AD43-AA645575D08D(a)microsoft.com...

From: dontmesswithbill on
Thank you for the suggestion, could you be more specific?

From: SPAMCOP User on
Until the group know exactly which checkboxes it will be hard to say

If for example you have write access yet something has removed the read
access it would set the entry but not show it because you don't have the
permission to do so. Saying that, everyone should have read access

Also, I'd be checking to see if it happens on another account. If not, what
are the registry permissions for those checkboxes on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
hive

There is a utility called regmon available from System Internals which you
can set for writes only. Filter writes then have the checkbox window open,
capture on regmon, check the box, click APPLY then stop caputuring. You will
see a list of entries, go through the list & find the checkbox in question.
You can then double-click that entry to jump to that key in the registry to
check permissions...

Download from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896652.aspx

--
SPAMCOP User

"dontmesswithbill" <dontmesswithbill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0985FF5E-297B-4E80-A1B7-E0F278D619D9(a)microsoft.com...

From: dontmesswithbill on
Thank you again for the help, regmon is beyond my skill level.

I tried logging in a different account and the boxes are retained, so it is
specific to one account.

The web browsers do not remember anything on pages, not just login. For
Example. UPS's website or Fedex ask for Country everytime I open them. I can
check the box to remember USA and next time I go to UPS.com it will ask for
country again.

Anybody?