From: Igor R. on
Is the subj feasible?

More detailed question: I've got a WCF service, which must be accessed
from a remote application written in c++. I thought it would be much
simple, if all the objects in the service would be accessible as COM
objects as well.

Thanks.
From: Peter Duniho on
Igor R. wrote:
> Is the subj feasible?
>
> More detailed question: I've got a WCF service, which must be accessed
> from a remote application written in c++. I thought it would be much
> simple, if all the objects in the service would be accessible as COM
> objects as well.

Yes, you can write a COM server in C#. You'll need to import the COM
types (see tlbimp.exe) and register your assembly (see regasm.exe). See
".NET COM interop" for more details.

Pete
From: Kevin Stumpf on
I had the same problem:

Wrote a local .NET COM Server that communicates with the WCF Server by the
common .NET build in features.
C++ apps only communicate with that COM Server by its public interface.

As easy as that.

BR,
Kevin

From: Igor R. on
Thanks for your replies.
I know how to make an inproc (dll) COM server in C#. The problem is
that when I try to apply regasm to an exe, it says that no types were
registered.
From: Kevin Stumpf on
Why do you need an application? Is a dll c# COM server not sufficient?

That COM Server is nothing more than a COM wrapper for the WCF server.