From: 8fold on
Is it possible to allow only certain users to access Terminal Server only
from Local Area? I need to find a way to give access to few people to
Terminal Server through rdp from anywhere and few people ONLY from private
network. The DC is SBS03.
From: Sullivan on

To change the set of permissions a user must have to establish a
Terminal Services session, you can chose among "Allow logon through
Terminal Services" and "Deny logon through Terminal Services" options.
To allow a user to have access to Terminal Services, go to Group Policy
settings, open up Local Security Policy or the appropriate Group Policy,
and then search for:
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\User Rights Assignment.

--
Sullivan
Sullivan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76820.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Just for clarity, are you wanting to deny any access to RWW for those you
wish to deny access to the TS from RWW?

-Larry
-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Also:

Please note that this venue is due to be closed in a few days/weeks and you
will get much more attention in the new SBS Forum hosted by MS at the following
location.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads

You can either use your web browser, or if you prefer to use your existing
(or different) nntp news reader you can use one of the official MS bridge
applications, or the combined one on codeplex.com

Official MS Bridge - Note two required.
http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Codeplex nntp bridge - only one required.
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

From: 8fold on
Thank you Sullivan adn Larry.
Here is the situation. We have two sites and 8 users. the two sites are
site-to-site VPN using Draytek2820 routers. The boss and another manager need
to be able to login to TS from Remote Deskotp Connection from
anywere(internet) but other users are allowed to Remote Desktop Connectin to
TS only from within two sites. How to achieve this. What permission need to
be set on SBS03 or TS. He doesn't want to use RWW unless there is no
workaround. Thank you.