From: mw on
I have a server running 2008 standard. The server is for an application
that a few users will log on and run the program. there will be no more
than 4 users at a time connecting. Can this be done and do I need to make
any modifications to the terminal server as they will be connecting by way
of Remote Desktop?

Thanks

From: Phillip Windell on
Remote Desktop Services *is* Terminal Serivces (old name - new name)

You have to actually install Terminal Services and then have to install The
Licensing Services (like maybe on the DC or another Server). I don't
recommend installing the License Services on the Terminal Server itself.
Then you have to buy the Terminal Services Client Access Licenses to cover
the 4 people (I'd buy a minimum of 5). Then you call MS and Activate the
License Server using a Activation number that MS gives you when you give
them your License number. The TS-CALs are not that expensive, it should not
be any big deal for just 5 CALs.

--
Phillip Windell