From: Elmo on
Rainy wrote:
> "Rainy" <love_sweetz(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have had this warning a few times.. and thought it might just go away.. I
>> don't think so :) .. appreciate some help...
>>
>> This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log
>> off
>> any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by Nt
>> Authority\system
>>
>> Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service
>> is terminated unexpectedly
>>
>> Windows XP Home
>>

>> I did some research and some website told me to go to services, and find
>> remote procedure Call (RPC)/ Recover, and change the shutdown to Take No
>> Action in three places.. but that appears to be a bandaid on a broken arm
>> :) What is causing this please... Thanks, Rainy
>>

> I followed the advice of the person who tried to help but still am having
> the problem, I would appreciate more help, If you know something, please
> don't hesitate to jump in..::) I know there are some amazing techs in this
> group.. don't fail me now.. :) please. Rainy

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem. No _detected_ malware can circumvent this
method of removal:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no
problem. BitDefender only has an .iso so you need to "Burn" the image,
not copy the file to a CD.

Then run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

SuperAntispyware