From: Rainy on
I have had this warning a few times.. and thought it might just go away.. I
don't think so :) .. appreciate some help...

This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off
any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by Nt
Authority\system

Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is
terminated unexpectedly

Windows XP Home

I did some research and some website told me to go to services, and find
remote procedure Call (RPC)/ Recover, and change the shutdown to Take No
Action in three places.. but that appears to be a bandaid on a broken arm :)
What is causing this please... Thanks, Rainy

From: Ǝиçεl on
It would be a good idea to scan

Restart the machine in safe mode with networking. Go to safety.live.com and
do a full scan. <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm>

I recommend downloading and installing
MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a full scan with MalwaяeBytes' and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Reboot
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
Reboot
-=-
The programs are free. (There is a paid version but
you don't need to buy it to remove malware.)
-=-

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

From: Rainy on
is that the only reason remote procedure call service is terminated? I just
did scan with AVG.. nothing came up.. will scan in safe mode.. thanks..
Rainy

From: Rainy on

"??�?l" <l(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It would be a good idea to scan
>
> Restart the machine in safe mode with networking. Go to safety.live.com
> and
> do a full scan. <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm>
>

> I recommend downloading and installing
> MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
> SUPERAntiSpywa?e (SAS).
>
> Do a full scan with Malwa?eBytes' and
> SUPERAntiSpywa?e.
>
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>
> Reboot
> -=-
>
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
> Reboot
> -=-
> The programs are free. (There is a paid version but
> you don't need to buy it to remove malware.)
> -=-
>

> ??�?l
> ???
> -=-
> "Rainy" wrote:
>
>> I have had this warning a few times.. and thought it might just go away..
>> don't think so :) .. appreciate some help...
>>
>> This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log
>> off
>> any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by Nt
>> Authority\system
>>
>> Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service
>> is
>> terminated unexpectedly
>>
>> Windows XP Home
>>

>> I did some research and some website told me to go to services, and find
>> remote procedure Call (RPC)/ Recover, and change the shutdown to Take No
>> Action in three places.. but that appears to be a bandaid on a broken arm
>> :)
>> What is causing this please... Thanks, Rainy

first thing I did was go to safe mode but used my old faithful antivirus AVG
but it didn't find anything! :) then went back to safemode with networking
to use what you suggested but couldn't do it in safemode, they wanted to
download a program and some tools. They did find a few things.. didn't tell
me what it was.. I suspect it was trojans, or adware...The whole procedure
took 10 hours to finish! They fixed everything but one, didn't tell me
what it was.. or what anything was they found.. it seemed to be very
thorough but the lack of information wasn't a good thing.. so whatever it
found may or may not have fixed the problem.. I still wanted to know is
vermin the only reason the Remote Procedure Call service is terminated and
your computer shuts down???? Did what I do fix the problem? Rainy

From: Rainy on

"Rainy" <love_sweetz(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have had this warning a few times.. and thought it might just go away.. I
>don't think so :) .. appreciate some help...
>
> This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log
> off
> any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by Nt
> Authority\system
>
> Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service
> is terminated unexpectedly
>
> Windows XP Home
>

> I did some research and some website told me to go to services, and find
> remote procedure Call (RPC)/ Recover, and change the shutdown to Take No
> Action in three places.. but that appears to be a bandaid on a broken arm
> :) What is causing this please... Thanks, Rainy

I followed the advice of the person who tried to help but still am having
the problem, I would appreciate more help, If you know something, please
don't hesitate to jump in..::) I know there are some amazing techs in this
group.. don't fail me now.. :) please. Rainy