From: amdx on

"Harry" <harry(a)anderson.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if that would work. I'd like it so that one push of
> the button will turn the light on and another push will turn it off.
> Do you think the doorbell would work like that?

I don't know, but two solutions, rather than a momentary switch like the
wireless doorbell has, use a switch similar to a wall mount light switch.
Or wire up a " latching relay " " x " google term.
MikeK

From: David Eather on
On 12/08/2010 5:02 PM, Harry wrote:
> I would like to be able to turn a flashlight on and off with a
> wireless remote from about 20' away (or so). I figured if I get one of
> those big plastic flashlights with the 6 volt battery there should be
> room for whatever electronics are needed, but I don't know how to do
> it.
> I realize this sounds like a bit of a strange request, but it's for a
> theatrical production in which we'd like to be able to turn a
> flashlight on and off without anyone near it.
> Any thoughts on either where I could find something like this, or how
> to make something? It has to be pretty simple for me to able to do it
> (limited electronics ability and knowledge).

Have you thought about using a remote control like the type used for
model cars and aeroplanes? Talk to a model shop - not cheap but at least
reusable, reliable and versatile
From: George Herold on
On Aug 12, 6:42 pm, David Eather <eat...(a)tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 5:02 PM, Harry wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to turn a flashlight on and off with a
> > wireless remote from about 20' away (or so). I figured if I get one of
> > those big plastic flashlights  with the 6 volt battery there should be
> > room for whatever electronics are needed, but I don't know how to do
> > it.
> > I realize this sounds like a bit of a strange request, but it's for a
> > theatrical production in which we'd like to be able to turn a
> > flashlight on and off without anyone near it.
> > Any thoughts on either where I could find something like this, or how
> > to make something? It has to be pretty simple for me to able to do it
> > (limited electronics ability and knowledge).
>
> Have you thought about using a remote control like the type used for
> model cars and aeroplanes? Talk to a model shop - not cheap but at least
> reusable, reliable and versatile

Ahh there you go, Must be a million RC cars laying around. Find one
where the control and one servo still work. Take the servo out of
car and 'gloum'(sp) it onto flashlight to servo the switch.... If you
can pull off the switch plate that controls the motor in the RC, you
will just have to connect the wires.

George H.

From: Tom Biasi on

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:41:45 -0400, "TomBbiasi"
> <tombiasi(a)optonline.net> wrote:>

>Go to Home Depot and get a wireless doorbell.
>>You should be able to figure it out from there.
>>
>>Tom

"Harry" <harry(a)anderson.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if that would work. I'd like it so that one push of
> the button will turn the light on and another push will turn it off.
> Do you think the doorbell would work like that?

Now what you are asking for is a bi-stable condition.
A bi-stable relay would do this.

Tom

From: whit3rd on
On Aug 12, 3:42 pm, David Eather <eat...(a)tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 5:02 PM, Harry wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to turn a flashlight on and off with a
> > wireless remote from about 20' away (or so).

> Have you thought about using a remote control like the type used for
> model cars and aeroplanes? Talk to a model shop - not cheap but at least
> reusable, reliable and versatile

Sounds like a winner (if the antenna can be hidden suitably).
I'd prefer a mercury tilt switch to trying to operate the thumb
slide.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Ping JB (ThinAirDesigns)