From: Mark Andrews on
Thanks for the insight!
Mark

From: Mark Andrews on
Looks like that one is about $100/user and supports multiple operating
systems which sounds pretty good!
I'll check it out.

Thanks for the advice,

From: Mark Andrews on
FYI: winconnect works pretty good (based on a few tests). However, I didn't
get much help from their support staff.

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> wrote:

>Many months to make this database so probably many many months to convert it
>to a web-based application using SQL Server.

Probably only a few weeks to convert the app to using SQL Server via
linked tables. Then a few more weeks once the app is running to
debottleneck the things that still take 10 or 30 seconds.

Don't go to ADPs as that is deprecated technology.

See my Random Thoughts on SQL Server Upsizing from Microsoft Access
Tips page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/sqlserverupsizing.htm

There is a tool from the SQL Server group.
SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access (SSMA Access)
http://www.microsoft.com/Sqlserver/2005/en/us/migration-access.aspx

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
ADPs are not deprecated

Jet is depecrated, kid

everyone in the whole world moved to SQL Server except some dumbfuck
eskimo from canada who is too stupid to learn the worlds most popular
database

-Aaron