From: Wolf K on
Did a rootkit scan using GMER, it showed both Avast and AVG bits and
pieces. Eg:

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat aswMon2.SYS (avast! File
System Filter Driver for Windows XP/ALWIL Software)

A) should I get rid of these? They clearly take up space and probably
processor time, too.

B) how to remove them?

Thanks in advance,

wolf k.

From: gufus on
Hello, Wolf!

You wrote on Fri, 07 May 2010 13:07:06 -0400:

| B) how to remove them?
FileASSASSIN
http://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin.php
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Wolf K" <wekirch(a)sympatico.ca>

| Did a rootkit scan using GMER, it showed both Avast and AVG bits and
| pieces. Eg:

| AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat aswMon2.SYS (avast! File
| System Filter Driver for Windows XP/ALWIL Software)

| A) should I get rid of these? They clearly take up space and probably
| processor time, too.

| B) how to remove them?

| Thanks in advance,

| wolf k.

Go to Alwil and Grisoft anti virus web sites and find a remover utility for each product.

--
Dave