From: Wolf K on
Apple has released its Security Update 2010-003 for Mac OS X (and
server) v10.5.8 and Mac OS X (and server) v10.6.3.

Cheers,
Wolf K.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Wolf K" <wekirch(a)sympatico.ca>

| Apple has released its Security Update 2010-003 for Mac OS X (and
| server) v10.5.8 and Mac OS X (and server) v10.6.3.

Yepper. I can't tell you how many times I have seen malware web sites use the User Agent
to determine the OS and will serve up such trojans as DNSChanger to a MAC.

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Wolf K"<wekirch(a)sympatico.ca>
>
> | Apple has released its Security Update 2010-003 for Mac OS X (and
> | server) v10.5.8 and Mac OS X (and server) v10.6.3.
>
> Yepper. I can't tell you how many times I have seen malware web sites use the User Agent
> to determine the OS and will serve up such trojans as DNSChanger to a MAC.

What means of checking a Mac for Trojans would you recommend, David?

Try as I might, I cannot determine the difference between the two
Updates Wolf K mentioned. I do *not* have a server, simply a Mac using
Snow Leopard v10.6.3

--
Dave
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk>

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1222

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "~BD~"<BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk>
>
> | David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "Wolf K"<wekirch(a)sympatico.ca>

>>> Yepper. I can't tell you how many times I have seen malware web sites use the User
>>> Agent
>>> to determine the OS and will serve up such trojans as DNSChanger to a MAC.
>

> | What means of checking a Mac for Trojans would you recommend, David?
>
> | Try as I might, I cannot determine the difference between the two
> | Updates Wolf K mentioned. I do *not* have a server, simply a Mac using
> | Snow Leopard v10.6.3
>
> http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1222

Thank you. :)

Brain failure! One for Leopard and the other for Snow Leopard!

I also asked .....

"What means of checking a Mac for Trojans would you recommend, David?"

Any thoughts on that? TIA

--
Dave