From: Keith H on
I installed Windows 7 beta to a virtual drive. Since it's about to expire I
want to get rid of it. I know where the file is, but during boot Windows 7 id
the default. On the web it says to change this go to System - Advanced -
Startup and recovery - settings.

But I only have one entry and it's for XP Pro. Here is what's in my boot.ini
file.

;
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.
;
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /FASTDETECT /NoExecute=OptOut

Where is it getting the instruction to default to Windows 7?