From: diggster on
I had my outlook emails automatically forwarded to another email account. I
now want to stop this (it causes too many emails to my handheld). I follow
the instructions I have found that direct me to TOOLS, Rules and Alerts, etc.
However, I cannot find the rule where I made this automatic.

Anyone know how to turn auto forwarding off in Outlook 2007?
--
diggster
From: VanguardLH on
diggster wrote:

> I had my outlook emails automatically forwarded to another email account. I
> now want to stop this (it causes too many emails to my handheld). I follow
> the instructions I have found that direct me to TOOLS, Rules and Alerts, etc.
> However, I cannot find the rule where I made this automatic.
>
> Anyone know how to turn auto forwarding off in Outlook 2007?

You don't remember how you enabled the auto-forward function? You sure you
did it via a rule? Maybe you enabled it as a server-side option in your
e-mail account (so use the webmail interface to your account to check its
settings).
From: diggster on
I am fairly certain that I used rules to set this up. However, when I go to
rules there is nothing there to show forwarding was set up. I am not a
frequent tinker in Outlook so not sure how to complete your solution step by
step. I tried delting the account and adding it as new that did not work
either. Hey, I usually set stuff up once and forget it, this time it is
causing me pain as I ma getting too many emails (dupes on my handheld).
--
diggster

From: VanguardLH on
diggster wrote:

> I am fairly certain that I used rules to set this up. However, when I go to
> rules there is nothing there to show forwarding was set up. I am not a
> frequent tinker in Outlook so not sure how to complete your solution step by
> step. I tried delting the account and adding it as new that did not work
> either. Hey, I usually set stuff up once and forget it, this time it is
> causing me pain as I ma getting too many emails (dupes on my handheld).

You never mentioned using Exchange as your mail server so I didn't address
issues with its Out of Office function. If you don't have ANY rules then
that is why I suggested you go look at your mailbox settings up on the mail
server.

Many e-mail accounts include a forwarding feature. You configure it up on
the mail server hence why you use the webmail interface to your account. So
you might have configured your source account to forward e-mails to your
alternate accounts.

Many e-mail accounts let you poll other e-mail accounts, so perhaps you
configured a server-side function in the alternate accounts (the ones to
which you see the e-mails get forwarded) to poll your source accounts. That
is, you aren't forwarding. Instead you have your alternate accounts polling
or yanking e-mails from your source accounts.
From: diggster on
VanguardLH-thanks for your patient reply. I will give it a try
--
diggster