From: ChrisSDB on
Outlook 2007 Trial Version
Loaded up application okay and all my folders are in place, emails arriving.
Soon as I go to send, tho, I get the following message:
None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by
your
server.

Waddoesthat mean?
From: VanguardLH on
ChrisSDB wrote:

> Outlook 2007 Trial Version
> Loaded up application okay and all my folders are in place, emails arriving.
> Soon as I go to send, tho, I get the following message:
> None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by
> your
> server.
>
> Waddoesthat mean?

You defined the *receive* options okay in the account(s) you defined in
Outlook. You did not, however, correctly define the *send* options in those
accounts.

You never identified what type of outbound mail server you are using (i.e.,
SMTP, HTTP/Deltasync using an add-on, or Exchange).

Did you follow the web help pages regarding e-mail client setup for whomever
is your unidentified e-mail provider?
From: ChrisSDB on
I didn't really define anything: Outlook 2007 just seemed to load up the
settings from before which worked perfectly in 2003. What 's the standard
way to check? I've tried Tools-Accounts, then select my default account and
Change. The settings are fine as far as I can see and the (SMTP) mail server
is clearly indicated. I can't think what's changed. ISP is Tiscali and I've
just checked their site and it shows the same window as in my Outlook. I'm
baffled.

From: VanguardLH on
ChrisSDB wrote:

> I didn't really define anything: Outlook 2007 just seemed to load up the
> settings from before which worked perfectly in 2003. What 's the standard
> way to check? I've tried Tools-Accounts, then select my default account and
> Change. The settings are fine as far as I can see and the (SMTP) mail server
> is clearly indicated. I can't think what's changed. ISP is Tiscali and I've
> just checked their site and it shows the same window as in my Outlook. I'm
> baffled.

Only one instance of Outlook can be installed on a host. Did you uninstall
OL2003 before you installed Office 2007 (with its OL2007)? Or did the
install of Office 2007 offer to uninstall OL2003 after you chose to change
to OL2007?

Did you try deleting the e-mail account in Outlook and then creating a new
one for it? Are you using POP, IMAP, or HTTP/Deltasync to access your
mailbox? If using IMAP or Deltasync, and as a precaution, save a copy of
the .pst file for those message stores before deleting and recreating the
account. All POP and Exchange accounts are aggregated under one message
store; however, IMAP and HTTP accounts each get their own separate message
store (.pst file).
From: Orland, Kathleen on
Did you set your SMTP server to use the same authentication as your POP
server?

"ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I didn't really define anything: Outlook 2007 just seemed to load up the
> settings from before which worked perfectly in 2003. What 's the standard
> way to check? I've tried Tools-Accounts, then select my default account
and
> Change. The settings are fine as far as I can see and the (SMTP) mail
server
> is clearly indicated. I can't think what's changed. ISP is Tiscali and
I've
> just checked their site and it shows the same window as in my Outlook. I'm
> baffled.
>
> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
> > ChrisSDB wrote:
> >
> > > Outlook 2007 Trial Version
> > > Loaded up application okay and all my folders are in place, emails
arriving.
> > > Soon as I go to send, tho, I get the following message:
> > > None of the authentication methods supported by this client are
supported by
> > > your
> > > server.
> > >
> > > Waddoesthat mean?
> >
> > You defined the *receive* options okay in the account(s) you defined in
> > Outlook. You did not, however, correctly define the *send* options in
those
> > accounts.
> >
> > You never identified what type of outbound mail server you are using
(i.e.,
> > SMTP, HTTP/Deltasync using an add-on, or Exchange).
> >
> > Did you follow the web help pages regarding e-mail client setup for
whomever
> > is your unidentified e-mail provider?
> > .

Pages: 1