From: jtfalk on
Hello,

I have a form that has about 25 inputs for data. I then have about 15 boxes
that I just calculate some numbers so people can see what the effects are as
they enter it. So for every data entry point I have the code behind
AfterUpdate calling

Private Sub Start_number_AfterUpdate()
Call Calculations
End Sub

Private sub Calculations()
End sub

Is there a way to have the calculation boxes all update after any of the
data entry points have without have to put in the afterupdate behind each
one? It works fine the way it is right now but I would like to clean it up.
From: Marshall Barton on
jtfalk wrote:
>I have a form that has about 25 inputs for data. I then have about 15 boxes
>that I just calculate some numbers so people can see what the effects are as
>they enter it. So for every data entry point I have the code behind
>AfterUpdate calling
>
>Private Sub Start_number_AfterUpdate()
>Call Calculations
>End Sub
>
>Private sub Calculations()
>End sub
>
>Is there a way to have the calculation boxes all update after any of the
>data entry points have without have to put in the afterupdate behind each
>one? It works fine the way it is right now but I would like to clean it up.

The event properties can contain a function call, macro name
or, as you are now using, [Event Procedure]

To do what you want, replace the [Event Procedure] with:
=Calculations()

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Stuart McCall on
"jtfalk" <jtfalk(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a form that has about 25 inputs for data. I then have about 15
> boxes
> that I just calculate some numbers so people can see what the effects are
> as
> they enter it. So for every data entry point I have the code behind
> AfterUpdate calling
>
> Private Sub Start_number_AfterUpdate()
> Call Calculations
> End Sub
>
> Private sub Calculations()
> End sub
>
> Is there a way to have the calculation boxes all update after any of the
> data entry points have without have to put in the afterupdate behind each
> one? It works fine the way it is right now but I would like to clean it
> up.

Put Calculations() in a standard module and make it public:

Public sub Calculations()

Then in form design view, select all the relevant controls and put this:

=Calculations()

in their AfterUpdate event properties (instead of [Event Procedure])

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 00:06:19 +0100, "Stuart McCall" <smccall(a)myunrealbox.com>
wrote:

>Put Calculations() in a standard module and make it public:
>
>Public sub Calculations()
>
>Then in form design view, select all the relevant controls and put this:
>
>=Calculations()
>
>in their AfterUpdate event properties (instead of [Event Procedure])

nitpick: I think you need to define it as Public Function Calculations(), not
Public Sub.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Stuart McCall on
"John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 00:06:19 +0100, "Stuart McCall"
> <smccall(a)myunrealbox.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Put Calculations() in a standard module and make it public:
>>
>>Public sub Calculations()
>>
>>Then in form design view, select all the relevant controls and put this:
>>
>>=Calculations()
>>
>>in their AfterUpdate event properties (instead of [Event Procedure])
>
> nitpick: I think you need to define it as Public Function Calculations(),
> not
> Public Sub.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]

You're right, John. My mistake. Actually, thinking about it, the routine
could stay in the form's module, so long as it's a function.