From: Dolly on
I have several Business Lines that submit General Ledger and/or DDA
reconciliations monthly to me. Within each individual reconciliation (Excel
Format), there are approx. 0-14,000 items listed. Each Business Line may have
up to 1000 reconciliations.

Is there a way to set up a program, whether a macro, something from one of
the drop down menus, etc that I could use for each individual reconciliation
without having to type or enter helper columns to gather a percentage of
items that would equal (example) 10% >10,000? Each month, the reconciliation
submissions totals of items are always different.

I guess you could say I am looking for a short cut to use for each
individual recon form that would not take up too much time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
From: Otto Moehrbach on
Dolly
When you post a question on this newsgroup you are asking for help from
people who generally know a good deal about Excel. And that's good. They
can help you with many things. But these same people know nothing about
your business. The terminology you used in your post is peculiar to your
business and means little to someone outside of your business. It's very
much like trying to explain something to someone who doesn't understand your
language.
Look at your workbook and look at what you want from the point of view of
the people you are asking help from, i.e., someone outside of your business.
Then describe what you have and what you want from that viewpoint. For
example, you have numbers in this column and that column, text here and text
there, headers in this row, names over there, etc. You want this and that
from there and there, etc. Believe me, you will get plenty of help. That's
what we do. HTH Otto