From: arkaxow on
Hello,

I haven't posted to this group for like 15 years ! I'm back into
Commodore computers again. Anyway, I was looking to replace a
906114-01 chip. I did a google search and found one place which had
tested versions for $16. Is that a reasonable price to pay for such a
chip ? Is there a reputable, reliable and inexpensive source of
replacement chips for the commodore 64 ?

Thanks !
From: PK on
Il 14/07/2010 6.22, arkaxow ha scritto:

I did a google search and found one place which had
> tested versions for $16. Is that a reasonable price to pay for such a
> chip ? Is there a reputable, reliable and inexpensive source of
> replacement chips for the commodore 64 ?

I don't know where you are but here for about $16 you can get a whole
C64 for spares, not a single chip.
If diy is not a taboo, you should have a look at the follow file:

http://www.webalice.it/gratteri/pla.zip

It allow you to replace the PLA chip with an eprom
I suppose it could help you.

Ciao :)

--

//
\\//http://sites.google.com/site/retrolabels
From: DMackey828 on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:35:46 +0200, PK <f.kekko(a)LEVAMIlibero.it>
wrote:

>Il 14/07/2010 6.22, arkaxow ha scritto:
>
> I did a google search and found one place which had
>> tested versions for $16. Is that a reasonable price to pay for such a
>> chip ? Is there a reputable, reliable and inexpensive source of
>> replacement chips for the commodore 64 ?
>
>I don't know where you are but here for about $16 you can get a whole
>C64 for spares, not a single chip.
>If diy is not a taboo, you should have a look at the follow file:
>
>http://www.webalice.it/gratteri/pla.zip
>
>It allow you to replace the PLA chip with an eprom
>I suppose it could help you.
>
>Ciao :)

I do have boards made for the PLA adpaters. I can also program a
PLA-Eprom for you if you want to go that route.

address..
From: RobertB on
C= dealer, Jim Scabery, in Portland, Oregon has
chips. Send me an e-mail if you want his contact
details.

Last full day in Aberdeen, Scotland,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
From: Sam on
Just like P.K. says: for 16$ you can buy a spare C64, mostly the
906114-01 (PLA) is socketed.

Christian Taeuber has a lot of C64 chips in stock. The price of a PLA
is € 8,99
I don't know where you live, it's a German website: http://www.3d-video.de/shop/index.html

Regards, SAM