From: jj on
I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

Thanks.

JJ
From: Mike Russell on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:34:53 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

> I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
> aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
> know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

I've only bought two after market batteries, one from www.sterlingtek.com
and another from www.bestbatt.com. Both batteries cost about 1/3 the price
of an OEM battery, and worked as well or better than the original.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: SMS on
jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:
> I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
> aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
> know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

I've always gotten my BP511 batteries from Sterlingtek and have had good
experiences with them. Not as cheap as some of the eBay sources, but not
expensive either. $11.99 each.

"http://sterlingtek.com/"

I think that the 2000 mAH claim may be a little optimistic, but it's
certainly as good as the OEM Canon batteries.
From: Cassandra J. Nichols on
2010.06.21 23:34, jj(a)unspameljefe.net rašė:

> I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
> aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
> know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

I've purchased a handful (three) from MyDigitalDiscount.com and have no
complaints. I don't know the claimed or actual performance, though.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols
From: jj on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:50:58 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cassiejn(a)dontgspammail.com> wrote:

>I've purchased a handful (three) from MyDigitalDiscount.com and have no
>complaints. I don't know the claimed or actual performance, though.

Thanks everyone. I checked out all the recommended sites. Things
seemed pretty comparable, so I ordered from Sterlingtek on the basis
of the price for a two-pack -- $23.98.

Also, this info from SterlingTek: "There is no difference between the
ST55 SterlingTek brand and the the ST52 (two-pack) from Powwer. I
would recommend the ST52 combo because you get 2 batteries for $23.98
instead of one for $18.48. Bulk prices start with 26 pieces and the
price per battery decreases with the more batteries that you buy."

JJ

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: The Grateful Slave