From: Unknown on
Not sure why????????? How about cost?

From: Unknown on
You apparently get your jollies off calling others HoopleHead. It's a
reflection of your personality.
How many friends do you have? One? two?

From: Leythos on
In article <upegqfiDLHA.3776(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, billurie(a)nospam.net
says...

> Leythos wrote:
> > In article <-cudnXhq858NB4TRnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d(a)posted.grandecom>,
> > JD(a)example.invalid says...
> >> With a good kill-file, newsgroups could still work. Not sure why M$ is
> >> killing their server but other servers will carry the M$ newsgroups if
> >> anybody has any new questions.
> >>

> BTW, I was led to an eternal-september group, where I wasn't exactly
> welcomed. I could use a referral from here to an established group maybe
> more pointedly XP-interested.

If you're using a real Usenet service then you can keep using these
microsoft.public groups, there is no better Usenet group for XP.

Eternal-September is part of that FREE groups - and you get what you pay
for.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <scnk16he62lu059ptbmj95oq3kbjn9v6md(a)4ax.com>,
hayesstw(a)telkomsa.net says...

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:52:21 -0400, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:
>
> >If you're using a real Usenet service then you can keep using these
> >microsoft.public groups, there is no better Usenet group for XP.
> >
> >Eternal-September is part of that FREE groups - and you get what you pay
> >for.
>
> Actually you don't.
>
> Many ISPs have stopped providing newsgroups, but have not reduced their
> subscriptions accordingly. So you still pay for it, but don't get it, unless
> you join a free news server like eternal-september.

Actually, you will find that they never specifically stated you would
keep Usenet forever - they can change their contracts any time.

Trust yourself.
From: VanguardLH on
William B. Lurie wrote:

> I don't think I'm on any server that is dependent upon Microsoft.

That is Microsoft's NNTP server value. You are still posting through
Microsoft's server.

Path:...!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl

The first node (rightmost one as each peering node gets prepended in
this list) shows the host from which the post originated; i.e., to where
you posted. Again, that's Microsoft's NNTP server.

You are NOT posting here using the NNTP server from Eternal-September.
Did you even define a news account in OE for their NNTP server?

Usenet has been around for 30 years. Microsoft tried to usurp Usenet
back in 2006 and now they are leaving.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Newsgroup for Windows 7