From: Goomba on
Re: Win XP SP3
Whenever I install a system update, Outlook becomes the mail program by
default and I have to manually change back to OE. Now, I would like to use
Outlook instead of OE but I don't know how to do it. I need some guidance.
From: DL on
You configure Outlook, by adding your Mail Accounts, how you do this depends
on Outlook version and type of mail accounts, ie pop,imap or?
Once done in OE you export msgs to Outllook

From: VanguardLH on
Goomba wrote:

> Re: Win XP SP3
> Whenever I install a system update, Outlook becomes the mail program by
> default and I have to manually change back to OE. Now, I would like to use
> Outlook instead of OE but I don't know how to do it. I need some guidance.

Guidance on what? You didn't ask a question. You made 2 declarative
statements on disconnected issues.

It is a known long-time rudeness of Micrsoft that Office updates will change
the default e-mail client back to Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933450/en-us
Applies to other versions of Outlook than just 2003. Microsoft isn't the
only e-mail program vendor that is similarly rude.

To learn how to use Outlook, you could read its included help or, better
yet, go to your local public library and read a Dummies book on it. Or just
dive and in and start learning from scratch.
From: Goomba on
Disconnected? Hardly. But for the sake of clarity for any other language
challenged experts, let me explain differently.
I want to use Outlook instead of OE. Now that I wish to do so, I don't know
how to install/configure or whatever else needs to be done to male Outlook my
email program. In fact, I don't even know where to find the program within my
system. As to the library, geez, I thought this forum was a better place to
start.

From: VanguardLH on
Goomba wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> Goomba wrote:
>>
>>> Re: Win XP SP3
>>> Whenever I install a system update, Outlook becomes the mail program by
>>> default and I have to manually change back to OE. Now, I would like to use
>>> Outlook instead of OE but I don't know how to do it. I need some guidance.
>>
>> Guidance on what? You didn't ask a question. You made 2 declarative
>> statements on disconnected issues.
>>
>> It is a known long-time rudeness of Micrsoft that Office updates will change
>> the default e-mail client back to Outlook.

>> Applies to other versions of Outlook than just 2003. Microsoft isn't the
>> only e-mail program vendor that is similarly rude.
>>
>> To learn how to use Outlook, you could read its included help or, better
>> yet, go to your local public library and read a Dummies book on it. Or just
>> dive and in and start learning from scratch.
>
> Disconnected? Hardly. But for the sake of clarity for any other language
> challenged experts, let me explain differently.
> I want to use Outlook instead of OE. Now that I wish to do so, I don't know
> how to install/configure or whatever else needs to be done to male Outlook my
> email program. In fact, I don't even know where to find the program within my
> system. As to the library, geez, I thought this forum was a better place to
> start.

"Outlook becomes the mail program by default [after updates]."
"I would like to use Outlook ... need guidance."
One implies a question of why the change happens after updates. The other
implies a question on how to use Outlook. Not the same topics.

"I would like to use Outlook instead of OE but I don't know how to do it."
You want us to compose a book here to teach you on how to use Outlook when
included help is already available and books already exist? You asked on
how to *use* Outlook. Perhaps you actually meant to ask on how to configure
an e-mail account within Outlook (which would be only one small topic in how
to *use* Outlook). I can only read what you wrote, not what you meant to
say. Vague questions, especially implied ones, engender vague responses.

Without you identifying who is your e-mail provider, you expect anyone to
tell you what the settings should be? Your unidentified e-mail provider
should have web help pages on how to use their service and may even include
instructions on how to configure your e-mail client. or you could contact
them (phone, chat, e-mail) if support is included with the e-mail account.
Since the unidentified e-mail provider was usable in Outlook Express, you
should be able to transfer those same settings into an e-mail account
defined within Outlook. In Outlook, use the Tools -> Email Accounts to add
a new e-mail account and then transfer the OE settings into the new Outlook
account, or just enter the ones the unidentified e-mail provider tells you
to use. However, navigation in Outlook to define accounts may differ
depending on WHICH version of Outlook you are using but wasn't identified
here. Alternatively, you could use File -> Import to import the e-mail
accounts from OE into Outlook.

If you don't see the unidentified version of Outlook on the desktop as an
icon or in the Start menu in a Microsoft Office group, are you sure that you
have installed Outlook? Outlook is not included in all editions and
versions of MS-Office. Outlook is not included in Windows. It is a
component of Microsoft Office (or can be purchased alone). You might not
have Outlook on your host. If you look under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office" in Windows Explorer, do you see an "Office<version>" subfolder
(where <version> reflects the version of MS-Office that you supposedly
installed, like 10.0 for Office XP, 11.0 for Office 2003, and 12.0 for
Office 2007)? Under that folder, is there an outlook.exe file?
Alternatively, go into Add/Remove Programs and click the Change button for
Microsoft Office. Select to add/remove components. Then see if there is a
checkmark next to the Outlook categories of components or if Outlook is even
listed (since it may not be included in the MS-Office suite that you
bought).
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Spam Rules by Sender