From: cinnie on
hi to all - I have 2 questions re columns in reports (hope that's OK)

a) I'd like to have 2 columns in the Detail section of my report, but only
one column in one of my Group Header sections. Is this sort of thing
possible? I can't seem to set it up properly.

b) I have another report with 2 columns, Down, then Across (from Page
Setup). The Detail section has a single row of textboxes. These are inside
a Header/Footer Group using field Zone. Zone always has values 1, 2, 3, 4.
Zone can also sometimes have value 5 and sometimes have value 6 as well.

I need to set up a report that looks like this...

Zone 1 Zone 2
detail data here detail data here
detail data here detail data here
detail data here
detail data here

Zone 3 Zone 4
detail data here detail data here
detail data here
detail data here ... etc

I can get the first 2 Zones to show properly, using 'New Row or Col = After
Section' in the Zone Footer, but I can't get the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Groupings
to show on the same page (when in the 2nd column, New Col goes to the 1st
column on the next page - I want it on the SAME page). Can this be done?

Much thanks in advance
--
cinnie
From: Duane Hookom on
a) I would consider a main report based on only the unique group values and a
multi-column subreport for the details.
b) I would consider a 2 column main report based only on the Zones and a
single column subreport for the details.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP