From: Georgethefence on
Can anyone help me please. I'm totally new to Access 2007 but have started to
design a database for my husbands shed business.
I have an Orders Table and a Supply Table. There may be several supply
instances to complete one order.
The report which I'm having problems with is Orders Part Supplied. I've
summarised the important fields below. The report is grouped on Order No.

Order No Qty Date Supp'd
Qty Supp'd Total Qty O/S

10145 12
15/05/10
2
16/05/10
2

------------------ ----------------------

4

I have tryed lots of ways to get a Total Qty O/S but to no avail. Any
suggestions would be gratefully received.

From: Duane Hookom on
I can't discern you table structure or data from the posting. I'm not sure
what you tried or what you want to display in the report.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: Georgethefence via AccessMonster.com on
I'm sorry. After previewing the thread layout my report text was clipped and
I agree even I can't understand the report from that. Sorry for the confusion.

Fields on report are:
Order No (grouped)
Order Qty
(Both fields are in Orders Table)
Date Supplied
Qty Supp'd
(Both Fields are in Supply Table)
Total Qty O/S
This is the field I'm having trouble with. There may be several Supply
entries against one order. I need to display a total which takes the Order
Qty and minuses the Total Supplied from that.
Many thanks for your help.

From: Duane Hookom on
I assume there are no subreports in this report. You should be able to add a
text box to the Order group footer with a control source like:
=[Order Qty]-Sum([Qty Supp'd])

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: Georgethefence via AccessMonster.com on
It worked. Thanks very much for your help. Now I can get on with the next
stage.