From: Bre-x on
Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS form.

On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter
event to
to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN)

Private Sub tlogin_Enter()
On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter

If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then
Exit Sub
End If

var_user = Me.tlogin

'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC
If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then

'EMP IS NOT ON TC
'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA
If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then
'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SUB
Responce = MsgBox("Unable to Find Emp ID. Contact Foreman. ",
vbCritical, " UMCORP")
Exit Sub
End If

'INSERT EMP INTO TIME CLOCK
emp_new (var_user)
End If

'CHECK IF EMP IS IN (SHIFT_START)
If shift_in(var_user) = False Then
shift_start (var_user)
End If

'ALL SYSTEMS CHECKED!!! OPEN MAIN WINDOW
Me.tlogin = Null

DoCmd.OpenForm "FMAIN"
DoCmd.Close acForm, "FS"

Exit_Command_tlogin_Enter:
Exit Sub
Err_Command_tlogin_Enter:
MsgBox Err.Description & " " & Err.Number
Resume Exit_Command_tlogin_Enter
End Sub

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Bre-x" <cholotron(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS
> form.
>
> On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter
> event to
> to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN)
>

> Private Sub tlogin_Enter()
> On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter
>
> If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then
> Exit Sub
> End If
>
> var_user = Me.tlogin
>
> 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC
> If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then
>
> 'EMP IS NOT ON TC
> 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA
> If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then
> 'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SUB
> Responce = MsgBox("Unable to Find Emp ID. Contact Foreman. ",
> vbCritical, " UMCORP")
> Exit Sub
> End If
>
> 'INSERT EMP INTO TIME CLOCK
> emp_new (var_user)
> End If
>

> 'CHECK IF EMP IS IN (SHIFT_START)
> If shift_in(var_user) = False Then
> shift_start (var_user)
> End If
>
> 'ALL SYSTEMS CHECKED!!! OPEN MAIN WINDOW
> Me.tlogin = Null
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "FMAIN"
> DoCmd.Close acForm, "FS"
>
> Exit_Command_tlogin_Enter:
> Exit Sub
> Err_Command_tlogin_Enter:
> MsgBox Err.Description & " " & Err.Number
> Resume Exit_Command_tlogin_Enter
> End Sub

When are you thinking that the Enter event fires? It's not when the user
presses the Enter key, if that's what you were thinking. I suspect that you
ought to be using the text box's AfterUpdate event, but maybe there's some
logic behind this that I'm not understanding.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Bre-x on
Thank you!!!

I change my code to the AfterUpdate event and everything is working fine!!!!

Pages: 1
Prev: Report Totals
Next: Access - update existing table