From: John M on
Is it possible to place a report on a form?
I'd like to display some information (grouping, summing, etc) to
the user, which a sub form won't allow me to do. A report does just
what I need.

I tried inserting a subreport on the form, but it would not let me
select a report as the source object.

Any suggestions, alternate solutions, or work arounds?

Thanks
John

From: SuzyQ on
what about a set of unbound fields that you put your summaries into? -do the
calculations in code (on current and on change events) and assign the results
to one of the unbound fields

From: Larry Linson on
You can put a Subform Control on a Report, but you can't put a Subreport
Control on a Form. So, short of jumping through some flaming hoops, you
can't do what you want. If the data is limited to one or a very few
records, you might be able to follow SuzyQ's suggestion.

Larry Linson
Micosoft Office Access MVP

From: Jeff Conrad [MSFT] on
Hi Larry and John,

Just FYI, no flaming hoops required with Access 2010. This functionality is built right in to the
next version. You can assign Master/Child fields and have the subreport function just like a
subform.

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

From: John M on
Suzie, Larry, and Jeff,
Thanks for that information.
I'll just make do with a subform...
Just checking that there wasn't some OLE or ActiveX method out there.
Thanks,
John

"Jeff Conrad [MSFT]" <UseContactForm(a)mywebsite.com> wrote in message
> Hi Larry and John,
>
> Just FYI, no flaming hoops required with Access 2010. This functionality
> is built right in to the next version. You can assign Master/Child fields
> and have the subreport function just like a subform.
>
> --
> Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
> SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation
>
> Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
> Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
> Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com
>
> ----------
> rights.
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
> ----------
>
> "Larry Linson" wrote in message
>> You can put a Subform Control on a Report, but you can't put a Subreport
>> Control on a Form. So, short of jumping through some flaming hoops, you
>> can't do what you want. If the data is limited to one or a very few
>> records, you might be able to follow SuzyQ's suggestion.
>>
>> Larry Linson
>> Micosoft Office Access MVP
>>

>> "John M" <newsgroups(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is it possible to place a report on a form?
>>> I'd like to display some information (grouping, summing, etc) to
>>> the user, which a sub form won't allow me to do. A report does just
>>> what I need.
>>>
>>> I tried inserting a subreport on the form, but it would not let me
>>> select a report as the source object.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions, alternate solutions, or work arounds?
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Last Response was garbled, I'll try again.
Next: gmail