From: TheLee via AccessMonster.com on
Hello all -
I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to
write some reports pulling data from tables with the same field names.
Apparently Access doesn't like this....I attempted to change the names in the
BE but when I relink the FE it is prompting for parameters.

What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks -
Lee

From: Marshall Barton on
TheLee via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to
>write some reports pulling data from tables with the same field names.
>Apparently Access doesn't like this....I attempted to change the names in the
>BE but when I relink the FE it is prompting for parameters.

The parameter prompts are because you also need to change
all the places where the changed names are used. After
going through that exercise, you will have learned to put
more planning into creating names.

If worst comes to worst, Access will accept table.field
syntax in most places.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: TheLee via AccessMonster.com on
lol - Yea, I thought that was what I would have to do.

Thanks -