From: Donna on
Is it possible have a report which is from a query (which is based on
numerous other queries) that has buttons to open a specific form for each
record on the report?

I would like users be able to open the report and select a button which
opens a specific form based on the results shown on the report.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Donna N.
From: Al Campagna on
Donna,
Reports don't support functional buttons, nor their events.
Your best bet is to create a form that lists your records, and
use a button on it , to call a form for a specific value.
You should be able to use the same query used on your current report to
feed the form.
--
hth
Al Campagna

From: Donna on
Al,

That's what I was afraid of as far as functional buttons on a report.

I already created a form for that purpose, but I needed to also have the
records numbered in sequential order and could not find a way to do that on
the form, so I went with a report.

Is there a way to show the records sequentially numbered on a form?

Thanks for your help.
--
Donna N.

From: Donna on
Is it possible to have the functional button call a different form for each
different record?

Thanks again.
--
Donna N.

From: Al Campagna on
Donna,
Why do you need to sequentially number your records?

If it's used to identify a particular record, for purposes of filtering
a report, that would be better handled by an Autonumber field in your table.
Since it would be calculated, and change as sorting changed, it would be
useless as a record identifier.